Wednesday, January 4, 2012
"The Sun"
As Juliet was the sun to Romeo so to was my love to me.
With her love I was continually surrounded by light.
Awash in the warm glow of sunshine that was her smile.
As the sun gave warmth to the world so did she to me.
Her eyes, her mouth, her hair, her face-everything about her warmed my heart.
She would forever be more beautiful to me than any other woman.
Her smile would warm my heart on the coldest of February mornings.
She made my life warm and gave me reason to live.
When her arms embraced me it was as the Summer Sun in the afternoon.
Warm, hot and brilliant.
But as the sun may set each day and allow the night to cool the earth,
My sun, my love did not set.
Whether we were together or apart she was always high in my sky and kept me warm.
Knowing she loved me kept me warm.
Thoughts of her embrace made me smile.
And knowing that we’d be together again-hopefully soon-and embrace kept me smiling.
Seeing her would make my heart skip.
I would hesitate for a moment upon seeing her.
But only for a moment as she took my breath away each time I saw her.
I was overcome by her beauty and her glow that made me stop to admire her.
Each time I saw her.
Every time I saw her.
I would come to her and hold her.
And be held by her.
I’d not let her go.
Not wanting to let her go.
She warmed me with her embrace.
She made me joyous when she smiled at me.
And because she smiled when she was with me.
But that was the summer of our love.
Now the winter has arrived and I have missed the fall.
Her smiles and love sustained me through the fall.
But now it has become cold and dark.
The winter of our love has arrived.
And it has announced itself by the cold winds that blow around me.
There is an icy-cold in the air when we talk.
And a darkness that surrounds us when we are together.
As you turn away from me, the sun sets.
Night falls.
The glowing, warm and beautiful sun has left me.
I am surrounded by darkness and cold.
Only the memories of her warmth, her beauty, her love remain with me.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007