Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Star Wars-The Phantom Menace in 3D


February 10th, 2012 is listed as the release date for the next “remake” in the Star Wars Film series. Episode I the Phantom Menace will be released in 3D. I recall reading about this several years ago and I wondered why George Lucas would make the films into 3D. But with new technologies being released for home use there is 3D television and soon everyone will want to buy the New and Improved Blue Ray 3D version of the set. The 1st trilogy will be released and then the 2nd and George will make more than he could imagine!
I don’t plan on purchasing the 3D version on DVD or Blue Ray, but I am looking forward to seeing the films again in the theater. I loved watching them all when they were first released and the chance to see them all over again makes me feel alive and young again rather like I was when they were first released.
I can recall watching the pod racing scenes in the 1st episode and they were not my favorite, but well worth sitting through to see the incredible light saber duels between Darth Maul, Qi-Gon Jin and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
It’s just over one month until the release of episode 1 and I’m looking forward to it. I’m looking forward to it in a way I’ve not felt for a very long time! Thankfully I don’t feel like saying, “I have a bad feeling about this.”



Wednesday, January 04, 2012