King Commercials
Over the past month or so I’ve seen a few different Burger King commercials. I’m not a fan of Burger King and I don’t actually ever eat there, but I have enjoyed a few of their latest shorts. The one that started me laughing was when these three older women are meeting a less than desirable guy-presumably at a back lot in Jersey-and want to put a hit on the king. I could not help but laugh, the only thing missing were the Long Island accents on the women and the Jersey one for the guy!
The next one I saw was a bit less funny, as it had the women-this time working on their own-in a mini-van trying to run over the king. I didn’t quite find that one so funny, but the most recent one-which I saw last night-was of the women cutting the brakes on the king’s car. As they sit there in their mini-van watching him get in the car he backs up and then proceeds to plow right into the mini-van!
The concept here is amusing to me, but I think they could’ve gotten much more out of the commercials if they had done more of a parody with it. Perhaps if they had mimicked the Sopranos or even The Godfather films they would be more memorable. But over all I think it’s a funny concept. It reminds me of the serial commercials we’ve seen in recent years with the AFLAC duck and even the Taster’s choice coffee commercials I’ve seen on TV Land from the 80’s. I await the next in the series.
Burger King Comercials
http://www.bk.com/#menu=7,-1,-1
Monday, December 03, 2007