Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rush Hour 3

I saw Rush Hour 3 this afternoon. It’s not a movie
that I’d usually have on my list of ones I’d want to
see. I have nothing against Chris Tucker or Jackie
Chan
, but I’m not a huge fan of the genre of films
that they typically star. In spite of this I can say
that I honestly enjoyed this film. It’s not going to
win any Academy awards-like American Gangster probably
will next spring-but it does provide what it
advertises and that is entertainment-from the opening
scenes with Chris Tucker trying to direct traffic and
listen to his iPod simultaneously to the near non-stop
shooting, car chasing, karate fights and people
jumping off the Eiffel tower!

It is not a difficult film to follow as the plot is
simple. Someone is killed in the beginning and Jackie
and Chris’s characters promise the daughter of the
assassinated man that they will find the killer. This
search leads our main characters across LA and across
the world to Paris, France. They find a very
interesting cab driver-who decides to join their cause
in Hollywood style-as well as some additional bad guys
and some pretty women who Chris Tucker tries to hook
up with throughout the film as well. The chemistry
between the two appears real on screen and it
translates into some very good action sequences as
well as amusing scenes between the two.

My favorite part of the movie that made me laugh the
most though was the end credits as they included
several outtakes and bloopers from production. It made
the entire audience laugh!

If you’ve seen the other two Rush Hour films then
you’ll most likely enjoy this one. If you’ve not seen
the previous two but are looking for a fast paced
action film that has some good laughs in it then this
may your film too.

Rush Hour 3 [2007]
http://www.rushhourmovie.com/

IMDB.com-Rush Hour 3
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293564/

Tuesday, December 11, 2007