Friday, December 30, 2011

“The Feather”

As the sun sets and the darkness falls,
So do the hopes and dreams of the earnest and tender hearted.
Awaiting a thought, a call, a note from their beloved!

But as the morning dawns a new day is born.
A new chance to find love or to renew what has been lost.
Or to throw oneself into the wind, the world of torment.

Love once given away…is it lost?
Like a feather floated on to the breeze of a windy Fall day?
For what hopes, what chance does my love have of ever finding that feather?
What chance do I have of ever finding her again?

She is warm, kind and protective.
With her love I was strong.
I was able to persevere against the wind.
Without her I have become like the new born child.
Unable to protect myself.
Thinking only of of my heart which is broken.
Not wanting to go on.

Even in my dreams she is as elusive as she is beautiful.
Like catching the rays of the new born sun in the morning..
I can hold her no longer.
She slips through my hands…
To warm another’s heart.

October 21, 2007