Friday, December 30, 2011

“The Feather Revisited”

As the sun sets on the warm fall day, so to does the darkness fall.
As the darkness falls on the earth, so does the darkness fall on my heart.
I had not felt alive in the sun, nor warmed by its rays today.
But numb with shock over the loss of my love.

As the darkness now fell upon me, I felt colder.
The prospect of night with out my love made me weep.
She was gone forever.
Never would I bask in her beauty again.
The bright glow of her smile that warmed me from within.
The happiness that she displayed at seeing me.
And that I received when I saw her.
                 
The most beautiful woman I ever saw when she smiled.
She was frequently beautiful when we first met.
Alas, in the recent past she hardly ever smiled.

I took away her smile, and caused my own heart to mourn.
I could not allow her to not be beautiful.
She belonged with someone who would make her smile.
As we said good-bye I prayed she would find her smile.

Monday, October 22, 2007