It’s the end of September and while I went and saw the new [newer?] Matt Damon movie The Bourne Ultimatum back in August when it first came out I hadn’t had time to write about it. This evening I lost power at home due to a localized storm and so I traveled to my local college library to read and write my email and blog for the day!
Jason Bourne is once again thrust into the spotlight of this movie action, adventure and thriller! His girlfriend was killed in the last movie, and this one starts up just after the last one finished. He doesn’t want to simply be left alone. He wants answers this time. He travels throughout Europe and to the US in this film and again he receives help from some unlikely sources-like from Julia Stiles who shows up in Spain.
Bourne is searching for what he doesn’t have-his own identity. He doesn’t’ know who is really is, nor why he has been doing the killing and running over the last several years. The movie is nearly non-stop from beginning to end, and the few times it does slow down it delivers tense moments, as well as some humor.
I think the movie will appeal mostly to those that want an action thriller with little blood shed. Despite the use of firearms in the film Bourne does not kill that many people-sort of like the bear doesn’t kill unless it needs too!
The movie also seems to be a parody of the larger picture we all have to search for-who are we? And what are we doing in this world with our life?
The Bourne Ultimatum - Official Website
http://www.thebourneultimatum.com/
The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0440963/
The Bourne Supremacy DVD & Video
http://www.thebournesupremacy.com/
The Bourne Identity (2002
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258463/
Wednesday September 26th, 2007